This documentation is valid as of the iQueue pro/iPro UC-Analytics version 13.1.1. and the STARFACE 126.96.36.199
The way how to retrieve call data from the STARFACE was completely revised with the release 13.1.1. The call data is now actively transferred to the UC-Analytics from Starface via http/https, using a STARFACE CDR-Connector module. Please download the latest version of this module here: aurenz download
This document describes the data transfer from STARFACE via the module CDR-Connector. In order to make this work, the UC Analytics PC and the STARFACE must be connected to LAN. The data is transferred via HTTP or HTTPS. Please make sure that the corresponding ports are not blocked by any firewall.
Configuration of the STARFACE
Set up STARFACE CDR Connector module
Log in to the STARFACE admin interface and go to the item module.
Import STARFACE CDR connector module
Go to the item module library where the already installed modules are listed. If the module STARFACE_CDRConnector_v114 is not available here, it must be imported. To do this, select the item import module and choose the corresponding "sfm" file under install module via upload (in this case, it is the file "STARFACE_CDRConnector_v114.sfm" - the file name may differ). Press next to import the module.
Create configuration Aurenz CDR Connector
The previous process only imports the module, but does not yet create a configuration. To create a configuration, please click new configuration under module configuration and select "STARFACE_CDRConnector_vxxx". By clicking create, a new configuration for this module is created.
Here, some adjustments are necessary:
- Under general a name must be given, (e.g.: "Aurenz-CDR-Connector") then press apply.
- In addition, a password must be assigned for communication. To do this, set an appropriate password in configuration under password protection and press apply.
- The parameters name and password are required when configuring the data source in UC-Analytics and they must match!
Procedure for setting the password
Specifying the password requires a special procedure in STARFACE, as otherwise it will not be correctly adopted:
- Go to the "Configuration" page and enter the password in the "Password protection" field
- Then hit "Save" (NOT "Apply")
- If you now go back to the module, there are several points in the "Password protection" field. On the other hand, if the field is empty, then the password was not correctly adopted!
Setup a data source instance to connect to the STARFACE
To retrieve CDRs from the STARFACE a so called data source instance has to be created. The data sources are managed by the UC-Analytics program module called data collector. You can access the data collector through the tray icon in the windows task bar:
Double click on theicon and the data collector application opens. Login with the "superuser" account. If you haven't installed the iQueue pro/iPro UC-Analytics yet, you can also configure a data source instance during the installation prozess which is described in the next sections.
Installation of the UC-Anayltics software
Start the setup from the iQueue pro/ iPro UC-Analytics download and follow the instructions of the installation routine. For standard installations, default settings of the installation wizard can be used. After the installation, you will be asked whether you want to setup the data source instance to connect to a telephone system immediately or later, select "Install now" and carry out the following steps (all settings can be changed via the configuration tool data collector later on).
Selecting the phone system
When choosing the data source, select the manufacturer STARFACE and then as model STARFACE module.
Define data source name and the outbreak location
It is important to set the correct location of the pbx outbreak if you want to use the accounting features. Based on the location of the outbreak and the call destination the call costs will be calculated.
Configuration settings for the STARFACE module
The parameters have the following meaning:
- IP address of the STARFACE: This is the IP address (or DNS) of the STARFACE.
- Port number: The module port to be used must be entered here (normally port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS).
- Secured connection (SSL): If HTTPS is to be used, this must be activated (and the port adjusted accordingly).
- Login ID: The "login ID" of a user in STARFACE. With this user the login into the STARFACE module will be performed.
- Login Password: The corresponding password to the "Login ID".
- Module configuration name: This is the name of the "configuration" that was created in STARFACE like described before.
- Module configuration password: This is the password of the "configuration" that was set in module configuration like described before.
- Limit for query (number of data): This can be used to define how many CDRs are retrieved per query.
- Poll-Intervall (Sekunden): In diesem Intervall werden bei einer Standverbindung neue CDR von der STARFACE abgefragt. (Hinweis: Diese Punkt sollte nicht zu klein gewählt werden, da sonst die Datenbank der STARFACE zu sehr beansprucht wird).
- Poll interval (seconds): In this interval, new CDRs are queried during a permanent data connection. (Note: Don't set this point too low, or else the STARFACE database could be overloaded).
Please check if the connection based on that parameters can be establish through clicking the "Connection test" button. See also the section "Testing the installation" further below.
If everything works fine, press "Finish" and the data source instance is now created and will retrieve the CDRs from now on.
Further data source settings
You can setup some additional settings after a data source once was created. Please open the data collector module and then the Overview window:
Then select the data source instance you want to configure and double click in it. Open the configuration, if needed pause the connection.
Now the data source configuration window opens and you can check and change all the setting available.
Tab Scan Directory
By default, the path is already "correctly" set and no further configurations are necessary here.
The data which is retrieved from STARFACE is first copied into a directory (and stored there as a file). For this, a path must be entered where the files are to be stored. The files are then processed from this path. There is an additional option to save raw data ("copy imported files into a backup directory"). This enables the CDRs to be imported again later if necessary (if the data is no longer available in STARFACE).
This TAB allows you to enter a customised name for the STARFACE data source, the assigned data recording is pre-set and does not need to be changed.
This tab is used to define the location ofthe breakout of the telephone system as well as which network carrier is used to calculate the price of the individual phone calls.
- The settings for the used network carrier are made in the UC-Analytics administrator under File / Set up programme / Network carrier. Further descriptions can be found in the UC-Analytics admin manual.
- The settings in the Access tab have no relevance for STARFACE.
Tab Time period
Use this tab to define on which days of the week/ times of the day the data from STARFACE shall be processed.
Note: If "permanent connection" is selected for the interval, the parameter "poll interval" (on the tab "Starface module") comes into effect. I.e. new CDRs are retrieved from STARFACE after the amount of seconds defined in "poll interval".
Here you have the option to set which extensions to use for call processing. Call data from extension that are excluded through this setting will not be stored and can not be considered in any reports.
Note: usually you don't need these settings because the iQueue pro/iPro UC-Analytics is using the so called Flex licensing model. In this case data of all extensions and users can be stored without causing any license overflow. The license is only relevant when running reports/statistics. Not licensed extensions/users will not be included in any report or statistc but will not cause a license overflow.
Tab Fax extension (optional)
When using the fax extensions option, the prefix of the personal fax numbers is entered here.
Example: Extension Johnson = 115 / Fax Number for Johnson = 98115
Note: This feature is not supported by all PBXs!
Testing the installation
To verify whether a connection to STARFACE (and to the module) can be established with the used parameters, you can use the connection test. This can be found on the tab "Starface module" of each data source instance.
Example of a successful connection
Example of an incorrect connection
In this example, the login ID is incorrect!
Error message: ...The registered auth token converter did not convert the client transport token ....
In this example, the "module configuration name" is incorrect!
Error message: ...No processor found for the identifier ...
Start the UC-Analytics data collector and open the data source overview window through the menu item "Data source → Overview". Highlight your telephone system and select the menu item "Data source → Data record monitor". Make some test calls via STARFACE. If the data source is not set to "permanent connection", press the menu button "connect now" in the menu bar, so that the data will be processed. You can check the transfer using the two monitor windows. The overview monitor window shows the transfer of the data and the data set monitor window shows its interpretation of each data record itself.
The data set monitor should be closed after the tests are completed.